Nutrition is key for all creatures, including canines. Your dog needs a nutritious, balanced diet of macronutrients and micronutrients for optimal health and wellbeing.
Sometimes it can be difficult to feed your dog all of the important nutrients they need. The good news is that you can use natural supplements – like Australian hemp oil for dogs – in addition to your dog’s food to help boost their diet and improve their overall health.
What your dog needs nutritionally
The list of nutrients your four-legged friend needs may look short, but each of them are crucial to maintaining your pup’s good health.
Macronutrients are the structural components of dog food: protein, fat and carbohydrates. Each of these is digested differently and used to supply energy and nutrition to every part of your dog’s body.
- Proteins. Just like humans, your dog needs protein to build and repair muscles, form new skin cells, grow hair and nails, assist with hormone production, provide energy and boost the immune system. Dogs don’t store protein in their body, so they need to get it from their daily diet.
- Fats. The healthy fats in your pup’s body are made up of fatty acids – specifically omegas 3 and 6 – and they help to build cells, muscles, nerves and tissues, reduce inflammation and provide energy. Your dog’s body can store some fats, but like proteins, they need a boost from their diet in order to make up all of the fatty acids required to get the job done.
- Carbohydrates. If your dog’s diet is too carb-heavy, it can lead to obesity. However, your pup does still need a small percentage of carbohydrates in their daily diet for energy.
Micronutrients are the nutrients that your pup’s body gets from digesting the above macronutrients.
- Vitamins, minerals and amino acids. Packed with properties targeting a wide range of different health functions, vitamins, minerals and amino acids work in harmony with the macronutrients – fats, proteins and carbohydrates – that your dog needs for a well-rounded diet. They cover everything from strengthening bones and teeth to promoting bodily functions and biochemical reactions.
Natural supplements can help
With the right nutrition, you can help improve your dog’s overall health and wellbeing. Natural health supplements are a great way to build up your dog’s nutritional health in case they aren’t getting a diverse enough range of nutrients from their food.
With natural health supplements, you can help to improve your dog’s health in the following areas:
- Anxiety (using our Australian hemp oil for dogs)
- Coat, skin and nails
- Joint health
- Gut health and immunity
- Puppy health
Introducing our newest supplements!
Houndztooth are excited to announce the arrival of our new natural health supplements! Targeting coat, skin and nails, joint health, puppy health, gut health and immunity, our natural health supplements will help give your dog and puppy the nutrients they need.
Keep an eye out over the next month as we launch our naturally-derived, Australian-made and premium quality supplements made in honour of your precious pooch.
Say yes to natural health supplements for your dog
Natural health supplements can give your dog the health boost they need – whether it’s for a one-off occasion or required as an ongoing supplement.
Houndztooth’s naturally-derived supplements put your four-legged friend first. Professionally formulated with natural ingredients that are safe for dogs and beneficial for their health and wellbeing.